Question of the Day

Since the outset of 2020, what portion of all deaths of U.S. residents aged 65 and older have involved Covid-19?

Correct Answer

Tell Me More

From 1/1/2020 to 10/2/21, the National Center for Health Statistics recorded 536,170 deaths involving C-19 and 4,262,933 total deaths among people aged 65 and older. This amounts to 13% of all deaths in this age group. The causes of the other 87%, such as heart attacks, cancers, and strokes, kill droves of senior citizens every year, but this is unlikely for C-19 because the virus that causes it has very limited capacity to mutate due to a proof-reading mechanism in its genetics. Despite concerns over the Delta and other variants, immunological research has found that naturally acquired immunity is highly likely to prevent C-19 deaths over the long run. Likewise, future vaccines that do a better job of replicating naturally acquired immunity will possibly work forever.

DocumentationDeaths By Age (Spreadsheet)Covid-19 ImmunityImmunological Research




Reload Question
Reload Question
Share via Facebook
Share via Twitter
Share via Email
Embed into your website
About the Fact App
Articles by Topic