Just Facts Daily is a project of Just Facts, a research and educational institute dedicated to publishing comprehensive, straightforward, and rigorously documented facts about public policy issues. Research from Just Facts has been widely cited by a diverse array of academic publishers, educational institutions, government entities, think tanks, and media outlets from across the political spectrum.
On our main website, Just Facts provides comprehensive research on major policy issues. Here at Just Facts Daily, we publish highly factual articles about recent news and current events. Most of these articles debunk falsehoods propagated by media outlets, politicians, activists, and others.
Just Facts Daily typically addresses matters that have not been accurately and thoroughly covered by other organizations. There is no need for us to duplicate quality work that is already accessible, so we generally step in when others have not tackled a topic or failed to do so honestly or competently.
What qualifies Just Facts to reliably address those thorny issues? We adhere to exacting Standards of Credibility, and unlike many media outlets and so-called “fact checkers,” Just Facts:
- doesn’t rely on unproven claims from cherry-picked “experts.”
- doesn’t misrepresent sources.
- doesn’t promulgate half-truths.
- doesn’t employ bait-and-switch tactics.
- doesn’t apply double standards.
- doesn’t mischaracterize unsupported assertions as facts or facts as unsupported assertions.
- doesn’t play “gotcha” by correcting people for minor misstatements.
- doesn’t assign subjective ratings like “Pinocchios” or “Pants on Fire.”
- doesn’t merely cover the news but conducts in-depth policy research.
- offers an actionable Guarantee of Integrity through which we read and answer every serious critique.
We also make it easy to discuss the facts on this site. No registration is required. We only ask that you keep the discussion relevant and civil.