Just Facts Daily is a project of Just Facts, a research institute dedicated to publishing facts about public policies and teaching research skills. Research from Just Facts has been widely cited by academic publishers, educational institutions, government entities, think tanks, and media outlets from across the political spectrum.
On our main website, Just Facts provides comprehensive research on major policy issues. Here at Just Facts Daily, we host our “Question of the Day” and publish factual analyses of recent news and current events. Most of these articles debunk falsehoods propagated by media outlets, politicians, and activists.
Just Facts Daily typically addresses matters that have not been accurately and thoroughly covered by other organizations. There is no need for us to duplicate quality work that is already accessible, so we generally step in when others have not tackled a topic or failed to do so honestly or competently.
What qualifies Just Facts to reliably address those thorny issues? We adhere to exacting Standards of Credibility, and unlike many media outlets and so-called “fact checkers,” Just Facts:
- doesn’t rely on unproven claims from cherry-picked “experts.”
- doesn’t misrepresent sources.
- doesn’t promulgate half-truths.
- doesn’t employ bait-and-switch tactics.
- doesn’t apply double standards.
- doesn’t mischaracterize unsupported assertions as facts or facts as unsupported assertions.
- doesn’t play “gotcha” by correcting people for minor misstatements.
- doesn’t assign subjective ratings like “Pinocchios” or “Pants on Fire.”
- doesn’t merely cover the news but conducts in-depth policy research.
- offers an actionable Guarantee of Integrity through which we read and answer every serious critique.
We also make it easy to discuss the facts on this site. No registration is required. We only ask that you keep the discussion relevant and civil.
All of our content is posted to social media, but these platforms typically show each post to a small fraction of our followers. So if you want to reliably receive the latest facts, sign up for our weekly email.