Question of the Day

Are most late-term abortions done for medical reasons?

Correct Answer

Tell Me More

Contrary to unsupported claims by politicians, activists, and media outlets, the disclosures of abortion providers reveal that most late-term abortions are elective and not for medical reasons. For example, Martin Haskell, who is credited with inventing the partial-birth abortion procedure stated: "I'll be quite frank: most of my abortions are elective in that 20-24 week range.... In my particular case, probably 20% are for genetic reasons. And the other 80% are purely elective." Other abortion providers, the executive director of the National Coalition of Abortion Providers, and the president of the National Coalition of Abortion Providers have said the same. This fact is also supported by a study conducted by the Guttmacher Institute, which supports legalized abortion.

DocumentationLate-Term Abortion ReasonsLate-Term Abortion Facts

Reload Question
Reload Question
Share via Facebook
Share via Twitter
Share via Email
Embed into your website
About the Fact App
Articles by Topic