Question of the Day

In the U.S., what portion of all trash (measured by weight) is recycled, burned for energy, or composted?

Correct Answer

Tell Me More

In the U.S., about 25% of trash is recycled, 13% is burned for energy, and 9% is composted. This amounts to 47%, and the remaining 53% is placed in landfills.

DocumentationFacts About Trash

Reload Question
Reload Question
Share via Facebook
Share via Twitter
Share via Email
Embed into your website
About the Fact App
Articles by Topic