Question of the Day

What portion of IRS employees who were caught making willful violations of federal tax law in 2004-2013 were terminated, resigned, or retired?

Correct Answer

Tell Me More

In 2015, the IRS Inspector General found that 1,580 IRS employees were "willfully tax noncompliant" in 2004-2013. Federal law requires the IRS to terminate the employment of such people unless the IRS Commissioner mitigates this penalty. In 61% of these cases, the IRS Commissioner did so, leaving 39% who were terminated, resigned, or retired.

DocumentationTax Violations of IRS Workers

Reload Question
Reload Question
Share via Facebook
Share via Twitter
Share via Email
Embed into your website
About the Fact App
Articles by Topic