Question of the Day

Are Social Security old-age benefits subject to federal income taxes?

Correct Answer

Tell Me More

Recipients of old-age benefits with incomes of more than $25,000/year and couples with incomes of more than $32,000/year must pay federal income taxes on a portion of their old-age benefits. Note that at the outset of the Social Security program, the federal government published an informational pamphlet that stated the following with regard to old-age benefits: "You will get them regardless of the amount of property or income you may have."

DocumentationTaxes on Social Security Benefits

Reload Question
Reload Question
Share via Facebook
Share via Twitter
Share via Email
Embed into your website
About the Fact App
Articles by Topic