Question of the Day

What portion of federal student loans that were due to begin repayment in 2009 and 2010 are currently in default or forbearance?

Correct Answer

Tell Me More

For federal student loans due to begin repayment in 2009 and 2010, 14.1% are in default, and 43.6% are in forbearance. This is a total of 57.7%. In the context of student loans, "default" is 270 days without payment, and "forbearance" means that payments have been temporarily suspended or reduced because of financial hardships.

DocumentationStudent Loan Data

Reload Question
Reload Question
Share via Facebook
Share via Twitter
Share via Email
Embed into your website
About the Fact App
Articles by Topic